1.26.2021

1/26/2021

 Tuesday January the 19th-22nd I took five bike trips to Teaneck, NJ, chasing the Townsend’s Warbler. On that Friday at about 3:15pm I found the warbler in the vine scramble on the creek bank. Nice feeling. On Saturday I walked Inwood Hill Park in the morning after dropping off compost and picking up coffee at Buunni Café. Danny and I walked through the Clove and then bumped into each other on the ridge. He said, “You still want that Merlin?” I laughed. “Are you joking me?” He showed me the Merlin he spotted on the north ridge just earlier on his way up. Later on the south end Danny introduced me to an old Asian man dressed in a red track suit. His name is Yuki or something and is an out of work jazz and Latin music drummer. I went home, showered and walked up to Marble Hill MTA station. I stepped in poop on “shit street” and saw a Peregrine swooping from the Broadway Bridge. Pete and I walked out to the point at Croton Point Park and then we went to Grandmas. We had coffee and Panatone. Pete changed out a set of Venetian blinds in Grandma’s bedroom. That night me, Anna and Pete went to the Gramercy. Pete and I had two beers each. I had mushroom ravioli. Anna had prime rib. Pete had lobster ravioli. Then we went to Michael and Craig’s and drank French Martinis while watching Moving Art on Netflix. Michael rolled me a joint. He double papered it. Then we watched SNL. It was a repeat episode from around the holidays. Michael and Craig talked about their Safari experiences. I fell asleep around 2am maybe and woke up around 7am. Anna and I went to have coffee at Grandma’s. Tony and Pete showed up later. Pete dropped me off at Croton Point Park. I walked the landfill for a while and ended up getting a few pictures of America Tree Sparrows and a Short-Eared Owl.